KCAA Member Scholarships
KCAA provides scholarship opportunities as a benefit of membership. These exist to encourage the advancement of the archival profession in the Greater Kansas City area. Scholarships are awarded upon consideration of merit, financial situation of applicant, and worthiness of activity per intent and purpose of KCAA scholarships.
- assist current KCAA members with access to little or no institutional support;
- help defray costs of attending professional educational conferences, workshops, symposia, and institutes, such as registration fees, travel (both mileage and airfare), lodging, meals, or other similar expenses; and
- provide awards of up to $250 per applicant per fiscal year to the extent funds are available.
- Applications should be submitted on the form provided.
- Applications may be made up to one year in advance of the proposed educational activity, but MUST be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event.
- All applications shall be submitted (email attachment preferred) to the Scholarship Committee Chair for review by the Committee members.
- The Chair shall keep applicants apprised of review process and the disposition of requests. Every effort shall be made to advise the applicant of the Committee’s decision no later than 10 days in advance of the event.
- Funds are disbursed by KCAA Treasurer.
Requirements of award:
- Awarding of funds to any individual will not exceed $250 during a running 3-year period. Preference is given to applicants who have not applied previously.
- Submit brief report (300-500 words in length) no later than 60 days after the event, summarizing funded experience for publication in Dusty Shelf newsletter as a means for member scholarship promotion.
- Depending upon subject matter of event, awardees may be asked to present a short program about their experience (approximately 30 minutes in length) at a KCAA business meeting to share learning experience with fellow members.
Remember, five percent of KCAA member dues are allocated to the Member Scholarship Fund. In addition, KCAA members, institutional members, and friends are encouraged to make an annual additional donation of $5.00 or more in support of the Member Scholarship Fund.
Scholarship application form - Word 2010
Scholarship application form - pdf
2011 – 2012 Scholarship Committee members:
Shelly Croteau, Missouri State Archives
Cindy Edwards, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City Archives
Sam Rushay, Harry S. Truman Library
Marcella Wiget (chair), Kansas Historical Society
Scholarship guidelines and application form revised April 2011